Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Yummy Fortune

{Fortune Cookies}



A while ago I purchased a box of fortune cookies. They were fun to eat and to open them up and see what the messages were. Lachlan really enjoyed them too. 
I found a recipes on one of my new favourite blogs : Our Best Bites
I set about making a batch with my own messages. Lachlan thought it was pretty special to have personalised messages in them.


Ingredients:


1/2 C flour- If you have bread flour, use it.
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla- or sometimes I use 1/2 almond 1/2 vanilla
2 egg whites

Method:

Preheat oven to 200°.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper*. Draw 3-4 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over. Spoon 1 teaspoon batter into center of each of the drawn circles; spread evenly to fill circle. Bake at 200° for 5-6 minutes or until the cookies are brown just around the edges and a little toward the centers. Remove from the oven. Let sit for a few seconds before removing from pan. Working quickly, loosen edges of cookies with a spatula, and turn over. Place fortune along the centre of 1 cookie. Fold cookie over so the edges meet ; press edges together. Gently pull the ends of the cookie down over the rim of a small bowl (or Jar); hold for a few seconds or until set. Repeat procedure with remaining cookies.
Makes about 24 cookie.

(Sorry the photos are a bit rough, i took them with my phone)

Write out little messages for your fortune cookies

Whisk all the ingredients and set in fridge for 1 hour


Working quickly (within seconds) flip the cookies over
and pop the message into the middle.
Fold the cookie over.



Bend them over the edge of a bowl or glass




Leave them to set for 15min



To finish of my cookies I dipped them into some melted chocolate and then into some sprinkles. These would make a beautiful little gift for someone with their own personal messages inside them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment